15 November 2007

Where the Forest Was

Where the Forest Was
by Trevor Garrod

Let it be known, I've seen her in the rock face.
Let it be known, I've seen her in the sky.
I wanna show you by the liberated light of the moon,
How love dies.

Let it be known, I'm crooked as a creek bed.
I'm slower than a midwest summer cloud.
The summer's drying out drier than a desert at noon.
I'll be dead by the end of June.

Chorus:
But, my last breath is rushing like a river.
My last thought is working like the mill.
But, my legs have been chopped down like lumber,
and, where the forest was, the desert sand blows in.
Where the forest was the desert sand blows in.

Blessed are the birds that taught us singing.
Blessed are the fishes of the deep,
and all of the love that we will never get the chance to share.
Oh, my love, beware.

repeat chorus x2

No comments: